Most frequent questions and answers
- Battery: It is the source of power for the device and most often, it is the lengthiest element of the vape pen. The battery has to be powerful enough so that the small heater is able to reach 400° in a few seconds. Similarly to cell phones and different devices that use electrical power, vape pens use lithium-ion batteries that can be recharged, and their energy density is high.
- Heating chamber / atomizer: Here is placed the selected material, i.e. e-juices, wax, concentrated CBD oil, and dry herb. They are heated in the atomizer so that they create vapor. This element is connected to the battery. This tiny heating element manages to turn liquid to very small floating drops.
- Mouthpiece: This part is connected to the heating chamber and it is the place where you breathe in the vapor from. Actually, you take your hits from here. Most often, the mouthpiece is placed at the upper part of the vape pen. The vapor goes through the filter screen which is an integral part of the mouthpiece. Usually, the form and design of the mouthpiece replacements differs for different vapes. Time after time, the mouthpiece will become damaged and it will need to be replaced.
- Sensors and software: A number of vape pens have a push button which activates the heating element, while other are being automatically activated once the vaper breathes in. These two types of vape pens have sensors which detect if a button is being pushed or a person has inhaled. The different pen parts are regulated by an embedded software.
- Charger: Apart from the vape pen, there is a micro USB included for charging the battery of the device.
Vape pens are easy to use – just press and hold the button of a tank or cart while vaping. However, here are some pieces of useful advice in order to have a smooth experience.
Prior to inserting a tank or cart in the pen, you should fully charge it. The vape pen contains a tiny LiOn battery and its efficiency can be lowered if the vape pen is not used for a longer period of time (for example, being kept in the shop for a long time and waiting for someone to buy it). Most of the beginners can get the impression that their new battery is worthless, and that is wrong. They only need to fully charge it at the beginning.
In case you have chosen to use a vape pen that has a refillable cartridge or atomizer, then you will have to load it with e-juice, concentrate wax, or thick oil. You are not supposed to load it completely. Usually vape pens have markers that indicate how much you are supposed to load it.
If you have a push-button vape pen battery, then you will need to quickly push the button 5 consecutive times in order to activate it. You will need to push the button 5 times to deactivate the device, too. In case the vape pen is activated once you breathe in, then when you are not using it, it will go into sleep mode. These types of vape pens can not be activated or deactivated via a physical switch. All you have to do is inhale from the mouthpiece. It is better not to inhale very hard because the hit will be of poor quality. Instead, you should draw in an even, slow, and mild manner. Also, you do not have to keep the hit in. Normal breathing is enough for consuming everything.
If there is a possibility to adjust the power of your vape pen, then you are supposed to completely reduce it before you start vaping. After the first draw, adjust the power bit by bit and continue vaping. Adjust it until the moment you achieve the desired taste. The adjustable power in majority of vape pens is placed at the base and it is a rotary dial. The power range that you can choose from is from 3.3V to 4.8V. There are some CBD oil carts that can go above 3.7 or 3.9V and the hit will be burnt. It is advised to use the power range from 3.3V to 3.9V for oil carts.
When you start vaping, the power to the atomizer will be cut by the vape pen until the limit for the automated shut-off is achieved. You can find information about this limit in the user manual for your vape pen. Most often, the limit for each hit is not more than 8 seconds. If you are a fan of draws that last longer, then release the button for an instant when you are in the middle of the hit, and start anew instantly.
Actually, each vape pen has distinctive functions. That is why we have made a detailed list about 4 dissimilar ways of using vape pens for E-Liquid, Thick Oil, Wax, and Dry Herb.
There are two main types of nicotine vape pens and CBD vape pens: DL (direct lung) and MTL (mouth to lung). A number of devices support both direct lung and mouth to lung vaping, and that is based on the coil that you will choose. Vape pens for direct lung vaping create greater clouds and they are most suitable to be used with common nic e-juice with low strength, i.e. from 3 to 6 mg. On the other land, vape pens for mouth to lung vaping are most suitable to be used with e-juices with higher strength, i.e. from 6 mg and more. Nicotine e-liquid and CBD vape juice are very much alike, meaning you are able to use a common e-liquid vape pen for cannabinoid vape juice. You can read below about the different types of inhaling and you can and some advice about vaping correctly.
- Mouth-To-Lung (MTL) Method
This method is most suitable with tinier vape pens that have a high-resistance coil. Disregarding the dimensions of the vape pen, vaping is supposed to be like breathing in from a tiny straw. When you inhale like this, the vapor will be low and it will hit your throat just like regular smoking.
- 1. Inhale vapor in a slow manner for a few seconds
- 2. Keep it for 2 seconds (with a closed mouth)
- 3. Open your mouth and breathe in the vapor all the way down to your lungs
- 4. Breathe out in a slow manner
The MTL method provides excellent taste and more refreshing vape, and e-juices are usually used. Some vapers find it a little old-fashioned and not very enjoyable, even though it provides smooth hit.
- Direct-To-Lung (DTL) Method
Unlike the mouth-to-lung vaping, this method provides a more energetic hit.
This method is suitable for bigger vape pens that have low-resistance coils.
In order to vape through the direct-to-lung method, you will need an atomizer that can be rebuilt or a mod whose vape tank is a sub-ohm one. The draw acquired from this method is similar to mild bong hit.
Direct-To-Lung vaping is very easy. You need to:
- 1. Breathe in rapidly in order to get the vapor straight to your lungs
- 2. Breathe out instantly
- 3. In case you desire a more intense hit to your throat and a great number of clouds, then this is the method you should use.
This method is not ideal for beginners, because vapers should know some basic things. Moreover, direct-to-lung vaping provides lower amounts of flavor. It is up to you to decide!
A lot of people consider the vape pens a necessity for everyday usage. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you have no idea what the problem with your vape pen is. You may not be able to switch it on at all, or it simply does not work the way it was before. However, you can practise some skills that will help you repair your vape pen in most of the cases.
We will review the difficulties that most often arise using any kind of a vape pen in the content that follows. Afterwards, we will explain how to resolve the difficulties that appear at all of the specific form of devices, such as grease, wax pen, e-juice, or the dry herb.
MOST COMMON ISSUES ON VAPE PEN DOES NOT WORK
- 1. Push-button vape pen is off: Retry after pressing the button five times in a row. The vape pen will not function if you are not keeping it pressed during hitting.
- 2. Incorrectly attached cartridge: If the cartridge is detached, it will not connect adequately with the device.
- Inappropriate cartridge: Even if they are 510-threaded, many cartridges do not suit all vape pens.
- 3. Faulty coil or battery: There are some cases that cartridges have a faulty coil that does not function. If it is working on a different battery, then there is a possibility that your vape pen battery is faulty.
- 4. Used up cartridge: You should reload or change your cartridge when there is no material left in it because no vapor will be created.
- 5. Vape pen not charged: Connect the charger. They can use USB-C or micro-USB charging ports, or the regular 510-threaded USB charger.
PROBLEMS ON E-LIQUID VAPE PEN, HOW TO FIX IT
1. Insufficient Throat Hit – If you are not delighted with your vape juice, then there is definitely too little PG in it because that is the e-liquid component providing pleasure. Look at the PG/VG proportion. You can count on a greater throat hit if the PG level in a specific vape juice is higher. You can expect the same effect from juices that contain more nicotine. If you want to have a better effect on your throat, then you can always change the flavor of the juice for example menthol, or a citrus one.
2. Lack of vapor – The clouds are being created by VG. So, a greater concentration of VG will make the created vapor more excellent.
Reduced vapor creation may be a result of some technical problems as well. Low battery is the first and the most evident one. There is a vaping battery indicator light on the majority of devices that gives you the opportunity to know when to recharge it. If you notice reduced creation of vapor you can recharge your device and try again.
If that is not the problem, then you should see whether the atomizer is overwhelmed with large quantities of vaping material, or the atomizer coil isn’t dry. In the end, check whether the electrical connection between the battery and atomizer properly functiones, and make sure there is no dust or grime at all.
3. No atomizer or short atomizer – Detach the tank from the vape pen battery. Disconnect the tank base from the glass atomizer tube/air pipe. Screw off the atomizer head (coil) from the base of the atomizer. If the base of the atomizer is not attached straight to the coil you can see the message “No Atomizer Found”. You might not notice this at the beginning because it does not happen always. Attach the coil to the base of the atomizer. Firmly tighten the coil to the base of the atomizer. The message may show up frequently due to the easy disconnection of the coil and the base of the atomizer.